Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ye-gads! I'm OLD!

Well! Been "away" for a bit, it seems... Last time I posted anything, I was looking forward to a little rejuvenation (hip resurfacing) and missing our world-traveling son as he headed off to China to sing and enjoy.

Fast-forward a bit: The hip resurfacing (not replacement - I basically got my right hip "relined") went fantastically (I feel like a new(er) man!) and Caden came/went to China without a hitch and with a wonderful pile of experiences.

Then, something outlandish happened. Seemingly inconceivable, but true: I turned (gulp!)... 50. As in years old. As in half a century. As in... I forgot, what was I blathering about?....

Anyway, we staged a rollicking 10th annual Mongolian BBQ birthday bash (we do a Mongolian BBQ for my birthday each year, but that's another story....) complete with live accordian music.

So... considering the specialness of it all, we thought it'd be apropos if I made my own birthday cake. Of course, since I specialize in baking really small things, but we had a LOT of people to serve, I made about ten dozen chocolate chili bites, and constructed my own cake:



And there you go - chocolate-chili-bite cake, and no cutting required. Served up the chili bites with a little ice cream and dark chocolate syrup.... MMMMM!

So, here we are. End of summer, all's well, and we're getting ready to get the wheels churning for the upcoming fall/holiday season.

Stay tuned for the latest/greatest, and I'll be back!

Salsamaster Chris

No comments: